Minden Gross LLP is a well-respected mid-size law firm. We are large enough to offer firm members the support,
training, and services available at larger firms while at the same time providing a warm and congenial working
We are currently looking to fill the following positions:
Articling Student - 2024-2025 Cohort
We will be hiring one articling student for the 2024-25 articling term. Please see the job description at https://www.mindengross.com/join-us/students/welcome for more information and details on how to apply.
Applications are due at 5:00 p.m. EST on September 22, 2023, and interviews will take place on October 11, 2023.
Marketing and Events Specialist
This role is integral to the marketing team. Though the primary focus of the person in this role is event planning and sponsorships, they also serve as back-up to the Director of Marketing and provide general marketing guidance and support to firm members in various ways. This is a parental leave replacement starting immediately with the possibility of long-term extension. If you’re an individual with 3-5 years marketing experience, who thrives working in a team to develop marketing and business development programs – events, communications, and general initiatives in this hybrid role, please apply.
- Collaborating with Firm Partners, senior leadership, and other stakeholders, including Directors, administration departments, and staff, to develop and manage memorable and impactful client and internal events and experiences, including seminars, receptions, dinners, special events, tradeshows, conferences, and sponsorships
- Executing events and experiences from start to finish, including, but not limited to, planning, budget and expense management, list management using CRM (InterAction), logistics, tracking, creative components, event onsite support, and post-event reporting, feedback surveys, and follow-up
- Acting as a lead for virtual and hybrid client seminars including managing planning meetings and rehearsals, liaising with IT support internally, and executing them alongside tech support
- Sourcing, negotiating, and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers, restaurants, and venues/vendors
- Maintaining the event tracker to provide an overview of events and spending
- Leading and executing the Client Holiday Gifting campaign, including, but not limited to, planning, logistics, tracking, training, sourcing gifts, re-routing, and troubleshooting
- Working with vendors to choose and acquire promo products for client gifting
- Managing client tickets for sports, entertainment, and sponsorships to assist in business development
- Drafting, editing, and reviewing marketing collateral, presentations, and back-up for social media as required
- Overseeing and creating digital mailings for invitations, bulletins, etc.
- Collecting feedback and analyzing results and presenting them in reports for internal and external events and various initiatives to ensure continuous improvement
- Assisting in the directory and award nomination process, including drafting, follow-up, and editing of nominations
- Keeping up to date on event, legal, and marketing industry trends with an eye for implementing new ideas/experiences and executing process improvements
- Understanding business objectives and collaborating with Director of Marketing in maximizing impact of activities and initiatives
- Providing on-going training to new hires and approval support to the Director of Marketing
- Various help and support on firm projects as needed
- Outgoing, personable, able to think on their feet, excels in high-pressure scenarios and remains calm under pressure with a client service focus approach
- Flexibility with hours of work is required – events take place before and after normal working hours and occasionally on weekends
- Strong project management skills with the ability to adhere to multiple deadlines, juggle multiple events and prioritize tasks accordingly in a fast-paced, busy work environment
- Ability to take initiative, ownership of tasks, establish priorities and be accountable/responsible
- Excellent communication and grammar skills (verbal and written), with the ability to interact professionally and confidently with legal professionals
- A creative thinker with solid judgment who always strives to deliver the best possible outcome
- Strong working knowledge of Office 365 - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams
- Working knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Experience working with CRM (particularly with InterAction) and email marketing software an asset
- Experience in a professional services marketing role a significant asset
If you take pride in the quality of your work, are client-service driven, and enjoy working in a fast paced team environment, we invite you to forward your resume and a cover letter including your salary expectations to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be certain to indicate “Marketing and Events Specialist” in the subject line of your email. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Minden Gross LLP; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. Minden Gross LLP is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process.
We are always looking for new talent to expand our service to clients.
For lawyer positions, please submit your application to:
Director of Legal Talent
For law student positions, please submit your application to:
The Student Committee
For law clerk, legal, and administrative professional positions, please submit your application to:
Director of Human Resources